Steam Packet sailings cancelled again due to bad weather
6th January, 2014
Todays, Monday 6th January Steam Packet 08.45 service from Douglas to Heysham has been cancelled because of the weather.
The decision means that this afternoon's 14.15 return sailing is also cancelled.
This evening's 19.45 sailing and its return 02.15 Tuesday morning sailing are also subject to disruption or cancellation. A decision on whether these sailings will take place will be made by 16.00 today.
Several sailings have been cancelled in the last few weeks because of stormy conditions in the Irish Sea but fortunately this has happened after the Christmas traffic peak although it is still a major inconvenience to our service and our customers.
The good news is that after tonights gales, the rest of the week looks relatively calm and peaceful.
We wish to assure our customers that we are doing our utmost to ensure our deliveries are carried out promptly as soon as we receive freight at our depot.